Sea School takes the stress out of getting your boat licence, and since 2002 more than 20,000 of our students have attained a hassle-free result.
We are a trusted and innovative boat training organisation.
Our fully qualified marine educators deliver an easy, interactive step-by-step presentation that will help you get your boat licence quickly.
If you already hold a general powerboat licence, you can upgrade to a PWC licence at any time.
There is a restricted licence available for those people aged from 12 to under 16 years and who wish to drive a PWC.
A Young Adult PWC licence holder must be accompanied by a PWC licence holder on the PWC, when driving at a speed of 10 knots or more.
Before you can apply for a PWC licence, you will need to:
- Complete the relevant Sea School PWC safety course
- Provide evidence of practical boating experience (unless you are upgrading an existing general powerboat licence to a PWC licence)
- Pass the relevant PWC knowledge test.
Once you have met these requirements, you can apply for a PWC licence by attending a registry or service centre in person and providing:
- Proof that you meet the requirements
- A completed licence application form
- Proof of your identity
- Two passport sized colour photos
- Payment of the licence fee.
PWC licences are issued for one, three or five years, etc. You’ll save money by selecting a three or five year licence.
Please Note: Young adult licences are issued for one year only and will expire on the licence holder’s birthday.