Driving a Jetski is exhiliarating and fun- This upgraded program will increase your knowledge and make your day safer on the water.
In NSW a Boat Licence Course is required for people over 12 years of age to complete training, prior to upgrading to a PWC licence course.
You will need to firstly complete the Boat Licence course, then add on the Personal Water Craft program. This upgrade can be completed following the BLC, on the same evening.
Sea School provides a comprehensive face to face, step by step, presentation for all their boat and PWC licence courses.
Should you prefer to pre read or study beforehand, download the Boating handbook.
This Learner's guide includes a list of study questions known as the 'Boating Knowledge Quiz'.
For PWC / jet ski operations, download the Personal Watercraft Handbook.
You will need to provide Proof of Identity when you register for a course-
- Current Drivers licence,
- Medicare card,
- Australian Passport,
- Birth certificate, etc. (Enough identification to meet the Govts. 100 point system).
- Two Passport sized photographs
What will you learn?
- Essential boating information
- Licence and registration
- Know the rules and regulations
- Safety equipment
- Sound signals and navigation lights
- Plan your voyage and get back safely
- Give way and distance off
- Navigation marks and signs
- Speed zones and night safety
- Person overboard and hypothermia
- Manoeuvre and handle a boat
- Wind, current, waves and boat wash
- Anchoring and safe operations
- What to do in an emergency
- Raise alarms and distress signals
- Situation awareness and vessel traffic
- Water ski and jet ski rules
- Smart tips for safer boating
We are also professional and patient. You can be assured of our utmost assistance and attention to your learning.
The course, test and practical training are competencies derived from activity specialisation seen within the SIS10 Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package:
- MEM50008B – Carry out trip preparation and planning
- MEM50009B – Safely operate a mechanically powered recreational boat
- MEM50010B – Respond to boating emergencies and incidents
This course involves all theory, examinations and practical training to fulfill all NSW powerboat Licence requirements. You will receive a Course Completion Report to take along to NSW Services to pay for your licence.
Licence Theory Session- Thursday, 5pm till 10pm
Practical Session- 3pm to 6pm on following Saturday or Sunday
Sea School International is committed to providing an effective, efficient, timely, fair and confidential complaints and appeals handling procedure for all students. Please view our Complaint Management Procedure for further information on how to lodge your complaint.
You must be able to communicate orally in English. If you have difficulties in this regard we recommend that you contact NSW Maritime or visit your local NSW Maritime office who will arrange an appointment with an interpreter.
We are also able to conduct the tests orally, for applicants with special needs.
The Diaz family Trust trading as Pro Dive Central Coast (ABN 15971198063) is an authorised Nominated Representative of Sea School International Pty Ltd (ABN 27 140 038 713, RTO 91732) and is approved by NSW Maritime to provide practical boat training and/or knowledge testing for the NSW general boat driving licence and PWC driving licence.