There is something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites, whilst scuba diving.
Sometimes, it is a mysterious wreck that attracts you below 18 metres, then again on deep wall dives, it could be a giant sea fan or barrel sponge.
Quite often tropical waters, clear and calm, can very deceiving and you can find yourself quite deep, without realising it.
Whatever your reason- to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres, you should take the Deep Diver Specialty course.
Should you want to dive deeper and stay longer, the XR program is for you!
Your training starts by:
- Short academic sessions
- Online home study
- Reviewing reasons for deep diving
- How important it is, to know your personal limits.
- Your Total Diving System and specialised equipment for deep diving
During three deep dives with your instructor, you will go over:
- Managing and planning procedures for deep diving
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
- Repetitive Deep Diving
How can you start learning now?
Register for your SSI On-line e-learning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills here.
Complete the online learning program
Arrange to meet with your PRO-DIVE Instructor to plan your deep diving adventures.
Add Enriched Air, Nitrox Training
Theory and Practical lessons
Enriched air tank and Enriched Air Nitrox fills for the two dives
Two training dives, run in conjunction with your specialty course
Enriched Air Nitrox Certification
$149 – Save $100
To be a minimum of 15 years old.
All students under 18 years of age will be required to provide signed parent or guardian consent form.
Fit to Dive - Please take time to review the Dive Medical Requirements and Fitness to Dive information.
Gear Hire - is available and includes one piece wetsuit, buoyancy vest, regulator with dive computer, tanks and weights.
Snorkelling gear is not included.
What you need to bring - Sunscreen, swimmers and towel, Log book.
DSMB or Safety sausage
Knife or dive tool
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
SSI On-line e-learning academic presentations, quizzes, exam.
(must be completed before any in water training commences).
Minimum of three open water training dives required.
Tanks, weight belt and/or weights are included in course cost.
Nitrox Fills are included, if you are also completing the Enriched Air, Nitrox Course in conjunction
1. All open water skills must be acknowledged and accepted on-line.
2. ProDive Central Coast has confirmed certification on-line, through Scuba Schools International web site.
3. You will receive your Online Digital card- (Plastic "C" card is also available- Fee applies)
4. Your Deep diver certification counts toward the PRO DIVE ScubaMaster Diver rating.
5. Compulsory Specialty, required to become an Instructors Assistant - Dive Con
Cost of Dive Medical - if required.
Scuba Gear Hire
Gear rental other than specified
Transportation - is not provided from Dive Centre to Dive Sites