EXTENDED RANGE HORIZON SCR INSTRUCTOR
This program certifies the successful candidate as a Horizon SCR Extended Range Instructor.
- Have logged at least:
- 50 total SCR dives on the Mares Horizon
- 30 SCR dives deeper than 30 metres
- 50 hours of runtime on the Mares Horizon
- At least ten SCR dives requiring staged decompression
- Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency:
SCR Extended Range
Have the following active status SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency:
- Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor
- Deep Diving Instructor
- Diver Stress & Rescue Instructor
Recommended hours for completion: 40
The number of classes, hours and sessions per day, are set by the Instructor Trainer, based on student needs, student ability and water conditions.
Requirements For Completion
There are two options to complete the scr Horizon Instructor program;
Co-teach two separate SCR Extended Range programs under the direct supervision of an active status SCR Extended Range Instructor Trainer.
- Attend a four day seminar and successfully complete:
- A review of all SSI General Training Standards, and the standards related to the XR programs the candidate is earning a certification for.
- A review of the program-specific student and instructor materials.
- The applicable final exams with a passing score of at least 90%.
- An academic presentation on a topic applicable to the program and training level.
- A dive planning session for orientation to the SCR Dive Planning Sheets.
- An equipment configuration session for the appropriate Total Diving System.
- The XR Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- A pool/confined water session that includes the presentation and evaluation of all required program skills.
- All skills must be done with demonstration quality.
- An in-water teaching presentation on a topic applicable to the program and training level.
- While acting as an instructor, plan and conduct at least two (2) full dives from the SCR Extended Range program.
One dive must be an SCR decompression dive, and the other must include a decompression, open circuit bailout ascent.
Demonstrate the ability to rescue an unconscious diver by bringing the diver to the surface from a depth between 5 and 10 meters.
In addition to the programs taught by our in house Instructor Trainers active status SCR Diving Instructors, active status SCR Extended Range Instructors may teach, supervise and issue certifications for the following programs:
SCR Extended Range
Call 02 4389 3483 for More Information