Vanuatu Getaway 2019 Espirito Santo:
One island in Vanuatu, more than any other attracts divers like a magnet - Espiritu Santo. The majestic beauty of Santo is what inspired James A. Michener to write his classic "Tales of the South Pacific."
Santo is from a time past. People still come from within the jungle to trade for a few basic necessities, then blend quietly back into the shadows, amongst the remains of crashed B17 bombers, deserted Dakotas and old WWII hangars and storage shelters that are scattered in the thick tropical jungle and serve as silent reminders of the American occupation of the island.
During the Pacific Campaign of WWII over 100,000 allied troops and support staff were stationed on Santo and the time they spent there is still evident today. Other wrecks and remains from the war lie below the surface of the clear blue waters. One of the major diving drawcards of Santo is the S.S. President Coolidge, a World War II troop transport wreck.
Approximately 50 minutes flying time from Port Vila to Santo, Air Vanuatu operates daily services between the 2 islands. The township of Luganville is the capital of Espiritu Santo and features a range of accommodation from hotels to beach front resorts, restaurants, coffee shops a sports club and dive shops.
31 May 2019 - 12 June 2019
13 days / 12 nights ex Sydney
from $ 2,938 per Diver
Click here for Booking link
Airfares and taxes
- Return Flights ex Sydney to Santo with Air Vanuatu- Conditions apply
- Australian departure taxes and applicable airline taxes- $300 and subject to change.
Accommodation, Meals and transfers
- 7 nights Twin share accommodation with shared facilities at Hideaway Island Resort.
- Optional Accommodation upgrade Hideaway- Subject to availability
One bedroom bungalow with private facilities from $641 per person.
- Continental breakfasts daily
- Cultural walk and Kava tasting in Male Village
- Use of snorkel gear, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards
- Snorkel safari to Coral Gardens any day at noon
- Return road and boat transfers ex Port Vila airport to Hideaway island
- 5 nights twin share accommodation at the Espirito Hotel
- Tropical breakfast
- VAT tax and tourism levy
- Return airport transfers ex Santo to the Espirito Hotel
- 10 boat dives in Hideaway Island
- Includes tanks, weights and dive guide services at Hideaway island.
- 6 shore dives package at Espirito Santo
- includes tanks, weights, dive guide services,
- light refreshments
- return transfers from accommodation to dive sites with Pacific Dive- Santo
Price does not include:
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending money
- Excess luggage surcharges
- Meals other than specified
This package is currently based on Air Vanuatu group airfares. To allow the use of the fare, a minimum of 10 passengers are required to travel. Please use the package price as an indicative price guide.
Click here for Booking link
Booking conditions and requirements:
Prices subject to change at any time, without notice, due to supplier rate changes
SEE OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS PER THE DIVE ADVENTURES WEBSITE
To secure your place on this expedition, you will need to complete a booking form and return it together with a non-refundable deposit amount of $500 per person.