Become a diver, who can work for dive centres and resorts, all around the world!
The NSW Central Coast is arguably the best learning environment in New South Wales, to complete your Scuba Diving Instructor training. If you find yourself daydreaming about exploring crystal-clear blue waters. Looking for a reason of leaving your job to find one, you really enjoy! If you have a passion for diving and a passion for teaching, a rewarding career as a Dive Instructor is just around the corner.
Our Diamond PRO facility, provides a professional team of Instructor Trainers with over fifty years of diving experience, with real-world knowledge of the diving industry, from entry level courses all the way to instructor levels and beyond.
With over 50 years of experience in diver education, our experienced Instructor Trainers have developed many unique and innovative training techniques, designed specifically to help ensure your success, at your final demanding Instructor Examination. You too will become a respected teacher and mentor, to students of all ages, from all around the world, eager to become divers themselves.
Time to now stop dreaming, look towards a brighter future, that suits your ideals and take the plunge. With two Full-time Instructor Trainers on staff, available to assist you during your training, with a comprehensive selection of instructor-level continuing education programs- once you become an Instructor, to reinforce your diving credentials.
You will be expected to shadow our training team on various courses, to gain hands on experience, designed to develop you into the best Dive Instructor- you can be. You will also have access to career counselling along with world wide Job placement services, via Pro-Dive International and the SSI network, during and after your program.
Now is the time to change!
You will complete the following courses;
- Science of Diving
- Dive Guide
- Dive Con / Assistant Instructor
- Instructor Plus program
- Instructor training course
- Instructor Examination
- Minimum age: Must be 18 years old to work as an active status, Dive Guide.
- Dive medical dated within previous 12 months
- Personal Total Dive System
- Must have logged at least one hundred, open water dives or more.
- Have completed the following specialty programs or provide proof of experience by showing, a minimum of five logged experience dives, in each of the following areas: Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility and Deep Diving and Enriched Air.
- Be certified as First Aid, CPR and Oxygen Provider.
- Will have completed a minimum of 100 logged dives, by completion of program, to certify as an Open water Instructor
Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation to continue onto professional level training
The purpose of this evaluation is to ensure that PRODIVE Professional candidates, have an adequate level of fitness and comfort in the water prior to conducting any SSI training.
- Tread water for 15 minutes without using any aids or floatation of any kind.
- Using a mask, fins and a snorkel- Swim 700 metres without stopping within 20 minutes
- Swim 375 metres without stopping, and without the use of mask, fins, snorkel or other swim aids
- Swim underwater for 25 metres using a mask, fins and snorkel.
- Perform a full, unconscious-diver-on-the-surface rescue with a total distance of 100 metres within eight minutes. (Both parties must use a Total Diving System).
Program includes all administration and examination fees.
Examination Resits are extra fees, payable by candidate
Once a program had been set, no cancellations or refunds are offered, nor given
Specialty dive and First Aid bundle courses, are available to candidates to fulfil requirements at a special bundle price.
Required dives are the candidates responsibilty and must be completed, prior to commencement of professional level training.