SSI Divemaster to Instructor Program
$8,451.00 incl GST
$6,627.00 incl GST
Designed specifically for divers who want to progress to professional level training.
You will complete the following courses;
- Science of Diving
- Dive Guide
- Dive Con / Assistant Instructor
- Instructor Plus program
- Instructor training course
- Instructor Examination
- Minimum age: Must be 18 years old to work as an active status, Dive Guide.
- Dive medical dated within previous 12 months
- Personal Total Dive System
- Must have logged at least one hundred, open water dives or more.
- Have completed the following specialty programs or provide proof of experience by showing, a minimum of five logged experience dives, in each of the following areas: Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility and Deep Diving and Enriched Air.
- Be certified as First Aid, CPR and Oxygen Provider.
- Will have completed a minimum of 100 logged dives, by completion of program, to certify as an Open water Instructor
Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation to continue onto professional level training
The purpose of this evaluation is to ensure that PRODIVE Professional candidates, have an adequate level of fitness and comfort in the water prior to conducting any SSI training.
- Tread water for 15 minutes without using any aids or floatation of any kind.
- Using a mask, fins and a snorkel- Swim 700 metres without stopping within 20 minutes
- Swim 375 metres without stopping, and without the use of mask, fins, snorkel or other swim aids
- Swim underwater for 25 metres using a mask, fins and snorkel.
- Perform a full, unconscious-diver-on-the-surface rescue with a total distance of 100 metres within eight minutes. (Both parties must use a Total Diving System).
Program includes all administration and examination fees.
Examination Resits are extra fees, payable by candidate
Once a program had been set, no cancellations or refunds are offered, nor given
Specialty dive and First Aid bundle courses, are available to candidates to fulfil requirements at a special bundle price.
Required dives are the candidates responsibilty and must be completed, prior to commencement of professional level training.